Arc Northland’s Advocacy Support Services supports adults in a variety of ways:
- People First assists adults 18 years of age and older to grow and expand in self-advocacy skills, fully participate in the communities where they live and engage legislatively with elected officials and candidates.
- Assisting adults who are experiencing discrimination in the workplace, housing, education, the justice system…
- Provide Training and Education
- Collaborate with other service providers in supporting individuals
People First is currently meeting virtually twice monthly using Zoom. If you would like more information, please contact Tracy Jenny at (218) 355-8550 or by email at: tjenny*AT*arcnorthland.org.
School & Special Education Advocacy
Arc Northland provides support for students and families whose students are receiving Special Education Services or are on 504 plans. We provide advocacy in school meetings, help create/change within IEPs, and offer general support to the family and student.
Arc Northland is reaching out to parents to assess current needs, especially as it relates to the Covid-19 pandemic. The focus is to bring parents together to support one another who have students receiving similar services. Meetings will be led by and for parents and discuss various topics. If you are interested in giving your input, please fill out the following survey below.
Arc Northland provides training for parents and other interested persons to help with a better understanding of the special education process and navigate the system more independently. Contact Meredith at mkujala*AT*arcnorthland.org for more information.
Child Mental Health Education Series, Support & Advocacy
Arc Northland’s Adult and Family Services team members are trained and educated in children’s mental health. We provide a Parent Support Network which includes training around this subject.
Additionally, we offer Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)Services, including:.
- Training – prevention education intervention Support & Advocacy
- Young Adult Club (YAC) A Social Learning Group