Adult and Family Services Program Coordinator
To Apply online, please click HERE
Arc Northland is a nonprofit organization that supports individuals with disabilities, their parents and other supporters through education, advocacy and other supportive services.
Non-exempt, Full-Time; Hours May Vary
Reports to the Adult and Family Services Program Manager
This is a professional position providing advocacy, support and information and referral services to adults and children with disabilities; as well as family members and other supporters. Positions in this job classification exercise independence and report to and receive direction from the Adult and Family Services Program Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to all Arc Northland Policies and Procedures as outlined in Arc Northland’s Employee Handbook.
- Maintain necessary records of individuals served, information and referral provided, and all other information required and necessary for effective service delivery and grant reporting.
- Turn in required paperwork and program reports in a timely fashion.
- Accurately tracks time worked.
Direct Service: Provide direct services including but not limited to:
- Advocacy services to individuals with disabilities throughout their life span
- Advocacy and support to family members of people with disabilities
- Facilitate educational and support groups for people with disabilities, families and community members.
- Teach and support people with disabilities with learning skills and locating resources that improve or enhance their quality of life. These include, but are not limited to:
- Budgeting and money management
- Navigating community resources
- Housing resources, options and supports
- Education and Employment resources, options and supports
- Social, recreational and transportation options
- Socialization skills
- Education regarding disability rights and current legislation affecting people with disabilities, services and supports.
- Disability awareness
- Work independently.
- Work flexible hours when needed
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications require a bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or related field combined with two years or more experience working with people with disabilities.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Trained in person-centered thinking and person-centered planning, or willingness to complete training
- Understanding of Home and Community Based Services in Minnesota
- Knowledge of local community service networks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or guidance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communication/Language skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills: ability to write clear, concise and accurate documentation,
- Submit reports and correspondence as needed
- Comfortable presenting to groups
- Ability to make appropriate professional judgments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work
In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act, the following represents the Physical/Environmental demands.
In all cases, reasonable accommodations will be considered.
- This position requires the majority of the workday spent sitting, standing and walking
- Weights of objects to be lifted, carried, pushed, or pulled rarely exceed 24 Ibs. Simultaneous use of the hands, wrists, and fingers is sometimes required
- Movements such as climbing, stooping, crouching, twisting, bending, reaching, handling, fingering and feeling are sometimes required
- Audio, visual, and verbal functions are vital aspects to performing this position
- Much of the workday is spent in the community and may require exposure to outdoor elements including dust, fumes, noise, and glare
This position requires travel, generally within the state. Periodically, overnight travel is required. This employee must have access to reliable transportation and be able to transport to areas not accessible by public transportation. A valid driver’s license and automobile insurance is required.
This Job Description is not intended to be a contract of employment.
This Information Is Available in Alternate Formats Upon Request
Looking for an Internship experience? Contact Jenny Kempfert at: email@example.com